Thursday 23 August 2012

Dancing round the kitchen

Sooo. I got the room!! I actually found out 2 days ago but I've been doing family stuff for a few days, I highly doubt anyone's actually been on edge to find out anyway (apart from me).

Anyway, yesss! I have somewhere to live in Germany! I was so surprised they chose me but over the moon, and really lucky as there is apparently a large student accommodation shortage in Trier.  They are so friendly as well, the email was titled "pack deine sachen :) " (pack your bags) and they say I can move in whenever, even if the other girls haven't moved out yet.

So here is my plan for the first week or so:

Sunday, 2nd of Sept: fly out to Cologne
Monday 3rd - Thurs 6th of Sept: Training course in Altenberg.
Thurs 6th of Sept: get train to Perl, in Saarland, to stay with a teacher.
Friday 7th of Sept: Go to the school with teacher to meet everyone and sort out shifts.
Saturday 8th of Sept: move into flat in Trier (well mattress on floor anyway). Flat has massive going away party for two of the flatmates.
Sunday 9th of Sept: Move into room properly.
Monday 10th of Sept: Start job at school.

That will be a crazy week but I'm sure it'll be fun. I'm very excited there will be a party the night I arrive at the flat as it will mean I'll meet a lot of people very quickly, who will hopefully adopt me as their token british friend.

Now all I have to do is pack stuff for a year into one suitcase (impossible), sort out access to euros more sophisticated than a wad of cash stuffed into my sponge bag (complicated) and actually plan some lessons!! (Not impossible but I've no idea where to start!) 10 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment