Thursday 16 August 2012

J'ai un aveu

The French speakers out there will have gathered from the title that I have a confession to make.  Because, as much as I want to adapt to my adopted country (2 weeks and 3 days!), as much as I love German food and have a soft spot for Sprüdel (<3) I cannot stand Schwarztee mit Milsch (the closest thing you get to a cup of PG tips in Germany) so, shamefully, I am allotting a not-so-small part of my one suitcase to a hefty supply of tea bags.

If they run out, I suppose I will have to rely on relief packages from my parents to get me through the tough tea-rationed times.

I wish I am joking but sadly not.

In other news I am still nervously waiting to hear if I've got a room in the flat in Trier. They said they'd get in touch with me by the 19th of August but I suspect that if I don't get chosen they may not bother to tell me :S Issues. Also a quick search on WG-Gesucht shows me a flat in the same building which has gone from advertising 2 women and 1 man + 2 spare rooms (when I visited) to 3 women and 1 man + 1 spare room...if its the same flat (its on the same floor) does that either means  I'm the new woman  (ooer) or they've filled one room with someone else and have decided I'm not their kind of person.

Anyway, I digress and also more importantly there is nothing I can do. I will ring up on the 18th or 19th if I haven't heard but until then I will sit tight and drucken die Daumen.

I have a plan B anyway but that will wait until Saturday/Sunday's post, should I need to "implement" it.

Hopefully however Saturday/Sunday's post will be one filled with joy and contentement. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment